The Ekowood Warranty is applicable to:
Products produced or manufactures by Ekowood International Berhad under the registered ‘Ekowood’ brand name.
To the aforesaid products if it is used for normal or ordinary household residential application or residential usage only and not otherwise.
Only to original end-consumer purchaser and not transferable.
Installation works by Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. personnel or its authorized agent(s) and to Ekowood products installed using Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. installation method or its other approved alternative method(s).
Site(s) that has/have been inspected and approved by Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. or its authorized agent(s) on the site requirements prior to installation.
Upon full satisfaction of payment by the due date for payment as per contractual agreement persuant to which this Warranty Certificate is issued. This warranty shall become null and void unless full payment is settled.
THE EKOWOOD WARRANTY
Warranty date commences from the date stated in the Warranty Certificate. Ekowood Warranty offers the following 2 parts:
EKOWOOD: 10 Years Structural Integrity Warranty
Ekowood flooring is constructed using a bonding system with each board compressed under high pressure and intense heat to ensure quality. This warranty covers the structural integrity of every board whereby Ekowood flooring will not detach between its layers.
EKOWOOD: 2 Years Floor Performance Warranty
This warranty warrants that Ekowood floor will be:
- Compact (provided sub-floor has a level tolerance of +/- 5mm over span of 3 meters).
- Will not crack, warp, cup, buckle and twist.
- The factory finished Ultra Violet (UV) lacquer of surface will not peel off.
In addition to the conditions provided, the warranty given herein shall be subjected to the following exclusions:
- We disclaim liability for any incidental and consequential loss or damages, including loss of use or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty, with respect to these products. We assume no liability for the breach of warranty beyond correcting or rectifying the breach in the manner provided herein. This warranty to the extent permissible by law exclude all warranties expressed and implied by law including any implied warranty on merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. representative.
- Taking into account that timber is a natural product, the warranty given herein does not cover:
- – Damage resulting from accident howsoever caused including indentations, scratches from sharp objects or dulling of the finish.
- – Damage caused by insects, household pests, floods, sub-floor structural movement, fire, natural disasters or other acts of God, plumbing leaks, roof leaks, window leaks and other leaks.
- – The tolerable relative atmospheric humidity should be between 30% and 80%, but ideally 45% and 60%. Cracking of the wear layer and minor expansions or contractions caused by prolonged low humidity or dryness or excessive humidity may occur and these are not defects. Excessive humidity may cause cupping or buckling, so it is important to use an air-conditioner or dehumidifier in humid period.
- – Damages caused directly or indirectly by misuse, wilful damage, negligence neglect, recklessness or failure to observe the floor maintenance guide or improper maintenance or use that is not consistent with what is considered normal application. Eg; scratches and indentations due to sharp/spiked heels, sliding of sharp objects and furniture, abrasive chemical contact or spillage, splashing of water to floor and etc.
- – Normal or daily wear and tear.
- – Damage caused by unauthorised disassembly, repair, alteration or modification to any Ekowood flooring being carried out.
- – This warranty shall become null and void if at any time during the warranty period herein, the Ekowood flooring or any part thereof is altered, removed, tampered with, modified, dismantled, replaced, resurfaced, modified or repaired in any way whatsoever by the end user or any person or persons not authorized by Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- – Wood is a natural living product and variations in color, grain, pattern, and/or texture occur in original materials; mineral streaaks and small knots are also natural wood characteristics. These are not defects.
- – Installed flooring will change in coloration over time and this is also a natural characteristic of wood products for which no warranty is provided. Exposure to direct sunlight or partial exposure (eg. area with rug or furniture placement) may cause variations.
WARRANTY CLAIM, RECTIFICATION AND REPLACEMENT
Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. is to be notified of all claims. In such event, Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. reserves the following:
- Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. representative(s) or agent(s) shall be accorded all reasonable opportunity to inspect said defect.
- Carry out necessary test if required to determine the nature of claim/defect and advise the cause of claim/defect.
- To determine if the claim is covered under the Ekowood Warranty.
- Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. shall reserve the right to make the final decision on the repair, rectify, or replace the said defective part(s).
- If a design or species of timber is no longer available, Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. will replace the affected flooring material with another design or species of equal value. Please note that due to natural variations in hardwood flooring and natural seasoning process, even the same design/species is available, the replacement of a defective area may not result in an exact match.
- Repairs or replacements shall not extend waarranty period. Ekowood Warranty excludes and will not cover consequential or incidental costs associated with any repair or replacement.
- The original copy of this Warranty Certificate must be produced in the event of any claim. In the event the original Warranty Certificate if lost, Ekowood Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. is not obliged to honour the warranty herein or to replace the Warranty Certificate.